'La Piedra' House of 700 Tons of Hand-cut and Placed Quartz Stone With Incredible Pool Is For Sale
"La Piedra" is the name given to this 7,500 sq ft, 5 bedroom, 6 bathroom, stone hilltop home with breathtaking swimming pool that is presently on the market for just under $8 million.
This unusual home is located on the historic and famous Southridge Drive in Palm Springs where the Elrod house and Bob Hope's Lautner home both stand. Perched atop a knoll and offering incredible views, serenity, privacy and guard-gated security, La Piedra was completely renovated in 2005. Originally taking over 7 years to build, more than 700 tons of amazing hand-cut and placed Idaho Quartz stone was used in the construction of this masterpiece, giving it an estimated replacement value in excess of $20 Million.
Looking somewhat like a Pharaoh's estate, the modern interior is complimented by a beautiful outdoor area and swimming pool with waterfall.
Swimming Pool and Outdoor Area:
Other fun amenities include a putting green on the terrace, built in outdoor grill, custom furniture, travertine floors, sunken wet bar (a cheesy item in almost every Palm Springs home) and main room with high ceilings, exposed beams and round skylight.
• Approx. 7500 sq.ft.
• 5 bedrooms, 6 baths
• 700+ tons of hand cut and placed Idaho Quartz stone
• Exclusive guard-gated community
• Outstanding main room with high ceilings
• 24” Travertine floors - indoors and out
• Full service sunken wet bar
• Putting green on terrace
• Travertine shuffleboard court
• Pool with waterfall and outdoor spa
• Detached 2 bedroom 2 bath guest house
• Epic mountain and city views from every room, plus garages
• Custom furniture - ready for occupancy
La Piedra, 2399 Southridge Drive, Palm Springs, California
Offered at $7,990,000
Interested? Contact Saxony Real Estate
images courtesy of Saxony Real Estate, Luxury Portfolio and Listing Point Realty